Movu Robotics, division of Stow Group, launched the Movu eligo robot picking arm, a fully integrated robotic bin picking solution developed in close collaboration with Righthand Robotics to automatically piece-pick from a single-SKU source bin and place the individual items into multiple mixed-SKU destination bins.
“Movu eligo is the next level for Movu Robotics to offer innovative and easier Automation solutions to our customer. It is a data-driven, intelligent piece picking platform unlike any other. Automating the conventionally manual operation or piece picking results in a lower cost per pick, leading to a strong return on investment. Integrated seamlessly as a workstation for the Movu escala bin storage system, eligo offers a flexible and scalable automation solution for predictable and accurate order fulfilment, adding value for warehouses pursuing improvements in efficiency, productivity and customer service levels,” says Stefan Pieters, CEO of Movu Robotics.
- Developed to close the gap between manual and fully automatic pick operation, Movu eligo provides warehouse operators with a huge step forward in order picking.
- Provided with seamless integration as a pick station option for the Movu escala bin shuttle, the Movu eligo combines advanced software with intelligent grippers and machine vision to ensure reliable throughput. Gently grasping an item from a bin retrieved from the escala while picking, the robot then places the item in a delivery bin. Providing feedback on grasp success, the intelligent grippers ensure an accuracy of 100%. In addition to a low gripping failure rate the Movu eligo reduces the number of manual “touches” required for order fulfilment or replenishment and can reach a pick success rate greater than 99%.
- Able to achieve 600 picks per hour, depending on the specific implementation, the robot can pick goods up to 2 kg and with dimensions of 1 cm minimum to a maximum of 30 cm. Being completely product agnostic gives it the flexibility to handle changing product mixes.
- The robot arm stands 2.2 meters high and has an operating radius of 1.3 meters. A safety interface makes robotic work cells safe when human interaction is required.
- Driven by software, the system leverages machine learning to continuously improve picking. Movu eligo runs on a plug-and-play Application Programming Interface (API), which integrates directly with the Movu escala bin storage solution. This user-friendly complete solution allows the seamless integration of robotic and manual picking operation for maximum efficiency. Movu escala interacts with overlying warehouse management software (WMS), warehouse control software (WCS) and warehouse execution software (WES) as needed to mission the piece picking operations.
- ·Real-time operational data is presented to staff stationed away from the active systems to resolve exceptions quickly and efficiently.
- · Available with full 24/7 support, the Movu eligo allows customers, particularly those involved in pharmaceuticals, apparel, e-commerce, manufacturing and kitting, to realize the benefits of reliable robotic piece-picking without worrying about integrating all the elements.