Grimsby, Ontario: RMT Robotics will showcase its newest robotic gantry-based case and layer picking solutions for the beverage industry at the 2011 National Beer Wholesalers Association (NBWA) Annual Convention. The convention will take place October 16-19 at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas, NV.
Featured in Booth #1237, RMT Robotics' large-scale robotic case picking system was built for use in a major warehouse automation project for Brewers Distributor Ltd. (BDL). The system is specifically designed to meet high-volume, high-SKU distribution demands. Although BDL's distribution requirements required a large system, it can easily be scaled for smaller distribution operations seeking a profitable alternative to manual or semi-automated case picking.
The RMT Robotics automated picking system orchestrates the activity of automated storage/retrieval systems (AS/RS), conveyor and multiple robotic gantries to systematically pick products in singles or groups and send them to the dock face in an optimized trailer load or palletizing sequence. The picking system amplifies distribution efficiency by providing:
- Labor savings – Automated handling reduces the need for human resources.
- Space savings – The compact design of the storage space under the gantry ensures higher processing rates per square foot than most picking systems. In addition, the gantry solution does not require fixed infrastructure like racking or shelving.
- Improved accuracy – Error-free picking results in lower return rates and increased customer satisfaction.
- Improved traceability – The system provides precise information on the location of all products as well as the ability to isolate SKUs in the event of a problem or recall.
- Flexibility – The modular design allows for smaller initial installations that can be easily expanded as your business grows, either in volume or product variety.