1. How do I submit a nomination?
Go to https://foodlogistics.com/22869152 and complete the electronic nomination form. All applications must be submitted electronically. Applications emailed to Food Logistics’ staff or submitted through social media channels will not be considered.
2. Can I nominate myself?
Yes, absolutely. You are your best advocate.
3. Can I submit a nomination for someone who recently won one of Food Logistics other awards, i.e., Women in Supply Chain?
Yes, absolutely. These are all different awards designed to highlight different kinds of achievements.
4. Can I submit a nomination for someone who won Rock Stars of the Supply Chain award in the past?
Yes, absolutely. We love repeat winners.
5. How long should my responses be?
There is no word count or character limit to the responses. In fact, the more information, the better. Submissions that tell a story and detail the journey the nominee has taken to get to this current stage in his/her career are encouraged.
6. Is there a limit to the number of nominations I can submit?
Limit one category per nominee. Limit up to three nominees per company.
7. Is there a ratio of submissions vs. winners?
NEW THIS YEAR: Each category will be limited to 25 winners (Top 25 per category) with (1) overall winner in each category. Those nominees not in the Top 25 of their category will receive an honorable mention distinction.
8. If I submit multiple applications for the same nominee, will that increase the chances of that nominee winning?
No. In fact, submitting multiple applications for the same nominee could actually hurt the chances of that nominee winning. We suggest companies communicate internally to discuss the up to three selected nominees and submit three outstanding applications.
9. How do you determine a winner from the submission?
Submissions must tell a story; they must detail the journey the nominee has taken to get to this current stage in his/her career. The more information, the better. Those submissions with one-sentence answers or no examples will not be considered.
Winners ARE NOT determined based on relationship with Food Logistics. Winners ARE ALSO NOT determined based on their advertising with Food Logistics. Nominee names and company names are hidden in the vetting process; Food Logistics' editorial staff vets based on the submission itself, which is why telling a story and providing clear examples is imperative to determining winners vs. non-winners.
10. I submitted my nomination. What’s next?
Thank you for submitting your nomination. Now we wait until submissions close before we can begin the vetting process.
11. How will I know if I won?
After submissions close, Food Logistics’ editorial staff will need a couple of weeks to vet the nominations. Once winners have been selected, they will receive an email with additional instructions, embargo information, etc.
12. Can I make changes to the nomination after I hit submit?
No, unfortunately you cannot make edits or changes to the nomination after it’s been submitted electronically.
13. Do I need to submit logos, headshots or anything at time of submission?
There will be places throughout the submission process asking for nominee's headshots and company logo, however none of them are mandatory to complete the submission.
14. What is the entry fee?
Applications are free; there is no charge/fee to apply.
15. How is my submission judged?
Vetting of the submissions is based on the ability to outline in detail the specifics of nominee's achievements and efforts. Those submissions lacking specifics may not be considered. Case in point: The more information, the better. Winners ARE NOT determined based on relationship with Food Logistics. Winners ARE ALSO NOT determined based on their advertising with Food Logistics. Nominee names and company names are hidden in the vetting process; Food Logistics' editorial staff vets based on the submission itself, which is why, the more information, the better.
16. Who is vetting the submissions?
Honorees are vetted by Food Logistics’ editorial staff.
17. What do the winners receive?
The Top 4 overall category winners will receive the highest-level promotional package, which includes:
Executive Profile in Online Article (Headshot & Bio)
Virtual Video Interview with Editor-in-Chief, posted to FoodLogisitcs.com.
Company Logo Placement in Overall Winner Interview – Scrolls Along Bottom of Video Player
Full Award Logo Usage
A Commemorative Plaque
18. I want to submit a nomination, but the submission date is closed. Can I still submit a nomination?
No, Food Logistics will not accept any past due submissions. Once the deadline has passed, nominations are closed.
19. What if my submission doesn’t win, or my entry isn’t eligible.
If you think your submission may not be eligible, please read through the criteria or email Editor-in-Chief Marina Mayer at [email protected]. Otherwise, if you do not win, there's always next year.