Utility Trailer Manufacturing Company, LLC and European trailer manufacturer Schmitz Cargobull Corporation announced the inception of Cargobull North America and unveiled new, state-of-the-art transport refrigeration units (TRUs).
“It was only natural for us to enter talks with Utility Trailer. They have in-depth market knowledge and a comprehensive dealer network, and, as we’re both family owned and operated companies, Utility and Schmitz Cargobull share many of the same values,” Schmitz Cargobull Chairman of the Board Andreas Schmitz says. “I am very much looking forward to our collaboration. Above all, I am convinced that together we will provide added value to North American customers and revolutionize the market.”
“Our joint venture with Cargobull further positions Utility Trailer as a global leader in sustainability, fuel efficiency, and emission reduction,” says Utility president and CEO Jeff Bennett. “We don’t just want to be the biggest, but also the best, holistic destination for everything reefer customers need, from strong and lightweight boxes to energy-efficient TRUs and high-tech telematics—all in one trailer.”
- Utility Trailer is the exclusive North American distributor of Schmitz Cargobull’s latest TRU technology on its 3000R line of trailers.
- Combined with Utility’s innovations and dealer network, Cargobull is primed to help TRU technology take a giant leap forward in North America.
- Schmitz Cargobull is a market leader in TRU technology in Europe, with 30,000 TRUs currently on the road.
- The new lineup coming to North America on Utility’s 3000R reefers includes the 625 single-temperature and 655MT multi-temperature hybrid TRUs. Fully electric, TUV-homologated models with battery-recuperation axles are coming soon.
- The new TRU technology already meets California’s stringent emission standards for 2030.