EnerSys®, a provider of stored energy solutions for industrial applications, offers the Zero Battery Change Solution, a customized power management program for lift truck fleets that provides an alternative to liquid propane, hydrogen fuel cells and conventional, lead acid battery-charging systems. The ZBC Solution allows lift trucks to operate all day without changing batteries and without the need for a battery room.
“With the ZBC Solution, drivers simply pull up and plug in,” says Steve Spaar, marketing director Americas for EnerSys. “Our technology allows operators to charge their trucks during regularly scheduled breaks, eliminating the need to change batteries — even in multi-shift operations — while keeping every lift truck performing at its peak throughout the day.”
EnerSys offers everything needed to eliminate battery changes — starting with a full evaluation of the operation to installation, report programs, preventative maintenance and repair services — all under one limited warranty. EnerSys offers the industry’s widest range of battery, charger and accessory products to meet the specific performance, space and budget requirements of each and every fleet and operation.
The ZBC Solution includes ZBC Designer™ software, an interactive modeling software that identifies the most efficient and cost-effective energy configuration for companies running forklift fleets. The software completes operational and financial analysis within 30 minutes to provide a savings framework.
“Our ZBC(SM) Solution has the largest customer base of any similar battery-charging program in the world,” says Spaar. “It is custom-engineered, fully integrated and professionally managed to deliver customers unmatched savings and added productivity.”
The ZBC Solution offers lift truck fleets the following benefits compared to other power management programs:
- Increased productivity: The ZBC Solution provides all the benefits of eliminated battery changes without the excessive cost and risk of other technologies. Unlike fuel cells, which require periodic hydrogen refills, the ZBC Solution has zero productivity loss, making it highly cost-effective for both large and small fleets.
- Reduced asset requirements: The ZBC Solution maintains batteries at an optimum rate of charge 24 hours a day. This increases the longevity of the batteries and reduces the need for extra trucks, batteries and change equipment. The ZBC Solution can reduce battery inventory by up to 50 percent, eliminating the need for battery rooms and freeing valuable floor space.
- Reduced direct operating costs: The ZBC Solution reduces maintenance by up to 50 percent by eliminating the labor associated with battery changes.
- Improved worker safety: No battery changes means reduced cross-facility traffic and less chance for workplace injuries.
- Cleaner, quieter environment: The ZBC Solution makes it easy to transition to an electric lift truck fleet, improving air quality in the workplace and reducing noise from propane-powered trucks. Also, electric lift trucks are “greener” than all other alternative choices including hydrogen fuel cells. Visit https://greet.es.anl.gov/fleet_footprint_calculator (US DOE) for more details.
For more information on EnerSys® and its full line of products, systems and support, visit www.enersys.com.