TomTom's GO Navigation truck plan is designed to meet the needs of professional truck drivers. In addition to GO Navigation’s premium navigation capabilities, this enables drivers to plan routes that account for their vehicle’s dimensions, fuel requirements, desired maximum speeds and cargo (such as dangerous goods).
Drivers will also be able to:
- Plan multiple drop-offs and gain access to an overview of upcoming points of interest (POIs) – such as fuel stations suitable for their vehicle and truck stops.
- The truck- specific additions work in conjunction with the app’s existing navigation features, including intuitive lane guidance, live traffic and the Route Bar – a convenient snapshot of the route, stops, relevant alerts and restrictions ahead.
“Truck navigation on mobile is a game changer. The new plan is a result of TomTom’s long-standing relationship with professional drivers. After years of experience with truck-specific sat navs, we understand this industry’s biggest pain-points, so we were able to develop a solution that fills the gap left by the generic navigation offerings found in other apps,” says Pim Spaanderman, managing director of TomTom Consumer.
- TomTom’s ETAs adjust according to real-time traffic data, giving drivers a realistic snapshot of their schedule.
- The TomTom GO Navigation’s truck plan user interface (UI) is designed to minimize distractions and keep attention on the road – something that’s especially important for anyone operating heavy vehicles over long, fatiguing distances.
- With Android Auto™ compatibility, drivers also have the option to sync their route with their in-dash screen.
- By accounting for factors like vehicle size and cargo type, this plan helps professional drivers stay up to speed with ever-changing road regulations – such as avoiding prohibited routes and complying with UN Class restrictions.
- Further updates will soon account for measures like low emission zones.