FourKites announced several enhancements to Dynamic Ocean, its next-generation ocean visibility solution. By providing better context, clarity and control throughout every ocean shipment, these new features help FourKites users worldwide mitigate disruptions, including conflict on the Red Sea and low water levels in the Panama Canal; reduce fees like preventable detention and demurrage charges; and exceed customer expectations.
“In the face of military conflict in the Red Sea, storms and supply shortages, end-to-end visibility is critical to resilient ocean supply chains. And when disruptions do occur, minutes matter,” says Priya Rajagopalan, chief product officer at FourKites. “With our enhancements to ocean visibility, FourKites is giving cross-functional teams access to the real-time supply chain data and insights they need, helping them seamlessly integrate their international supply chain and keep their customers happy.”
- Dynamic Ocean leverages multi-layered data to provide a robust picture of the end-to-end supply chain.
- New enhancements include improved Dynamic ETAs and ETDs that deliver 95%+ accuracy for ETAs to the final destination; 90%+ accuracy for vessel arrival terminal predictions; and synchronized ETAs and ETDs for multiple shipments on the same vessel.
- Enhancements also entail improved data quality and latency, enabling 85% of events to be provided within 8 hours of their occurrence, which is 35% faster than industry standards.
- Earlier, more precise alerts help customers proactively identify exceptions — as well as containers incurring detention and demurrage fees — to reduce risk, minimize costs and boost customer satisfaction.
- And, a seamless, end-to-end user interface eliminates silos for international teams so they can avoid fines and fees, provide smoother handoffs with collaborators, and improve customer satisfaction.