Brother Gearmotors, a division of Brother International Corp. that offers a wide range of ultra-reliable, sub-fractional AC gearmotors and reducers for the food & beverage, packaging and material handling industries, will showcase its lightweight, compact and highly-efficient gearmotors.
Brother will be featuring its Brushless DC Gearmotors, which align perfectly with automated guided vehicle (AGV) and autonomous mobile robot (AMR) applications.
Brushless DC motors are compact, and offer several advantages over brushed DC motors, including:
· Higher efficiency and a lower susceptibility to mechanical wear.
· High torque-to-weight ratio (increased efficiency), increased reliability, reduced noise, longer lifetime.
· Inside of motor is entirely enclosed and protected from dirt or other foreign matter.
· Precise control of torque and speed.
· Better control of acceleration and deceleration
“Brother is thrilled to return to MODEX and showcase its solutions for the AGV and AMR markets,” says Matthew Roberson, vice president of Brother Gearmotors. “These reliable, compact and highly efficient gearmotors fit perfectly into any organization’s workflow and are backed by an industry-leading five-year limited warranty.”