Chipotle will retrain all restaurant employees on food safety practices after over 700 customers were sickened after eating at an Ohio location when food was left at unsafe temperatures.
The Powell, Ohio store closed for cleaning when the illnesses were first reported and reopened the next day while health officials waited on tests to determine the source. It was found that food samples from the store tested negative for clostridium perfringes, but stool samples came back positive for the toxin it forms, the Modesto Bee reports. Still no specific food has been identified as the source for the illnesses.
Retraining will start this week and the daily routine will be augmented.