The FL 100, Food Logistics' annual listing of the top 100 technology suppliers to the food industry, has changed significantly since last year, due to a number of changes in the marketplace.
The FL 100 is a resource of software, hardware and IT service providers that focus on the unique needs of companies in the food supply chain, including manufacturers, retailers, grocery wholesalers and convenience store and foodservice distributors. These companies are selected based on input from our readers, as well as talking with industry analysts and consultants.
More than 14 new companies have been added to the list, while others have dropped off due to mergers and acquisitions. Some of these changes include:
- Retalix acquired Integrated Distribution Solutions (IDS) and TCI Solutions;
- Oracle Corp. acquired Retek and G-Log ;
- GNX (Global Net Exchange) and WWRE (Worldwide Retail Exchange) merged to form Agentrics;
- UCCnet and Transora merged to form 1SYNC;
- Sterling Commerce acquired Yantra Corp.;
- Sun MicroSystems Inc. acquired SeeBeyond Technology Corp.;
- PerformanceRetail Inc. merged with Notiva Corp.;
- Lawson Software Inc. acquired Intentia International;
- TIBCO Software acquired Velosel Corp.
Newcomers to the list include:
- Alien Technology
- Amphire Solutions
- Click Commerce
- DataStream Systems
- Instill Corp.
- LogicTools Inc.
- ORTEC International
- Radio Beacon
- Real-Time Freight Services
- Strategic Solutions Intl.
- Supply Chain Consultants
If you're shopping around for a new technology solution—or considering an upgrade to your current systems—the FL 100 will shed some light on the daunting task of selecting your next solution providers.