Overland Park, KS: YRC Worldwide Inc. announced the inaugural winners of the Destination Green Environmental Excellence Award for employee leadership in sustainability.
Five outstanding employees have been chosen for this important award that recognizes environmental leadership in a variety of areas including efficient use of energy, emissions reductions, customer and vendor environmental partnerships and community outreach on promoting sustainable practices. The five award winners have all demonstrated leadership in environmental sustainability.
"We are proud of all our employees' efforts to promote environmental sustainability," says James Welch, CEO of YRC Worldwide. "The employees we are recognizing today for the inaugural Destination Green Environmental Excellence Award have demonstrated exemplary leadership, ingenuity and creativity to preserve natural resources and reduce our carbon footprint. They have worked in partnership with customers and vendors to identify and implement sustainable transportation solutions."
The inaugural recipients of the Destination Green Environmental Excellence Award are:
- Joseph Bartholomew – Bartholomew is being recognized for his efforts in developing an emissions model to assist customers in determining their carbon footprint associated with their shipments with YRC Worldwide companies.
- Randy Briggs – Briggs, a city driver and a current member of the America's Road Team, received the award for public outreach during his Road Team tenure to promote environmental sustainability.
- Darrin Brown – Brown received recognition for initiating processes that led to a new electronic payment system. This system has resulted in a significant reduction in the use of paper processing and saved significant amounts of energy resources.
- Alphonso Lewis – Lewis, a city driver, former Grand Champion of the National Truck Driving Championships and a current member of America's Road Team, received the award for public outreach during his Road Team tenure to promote environmental sustainability.
- Dan Miller – Miller earned the award for his commitment and leadership of the company's EPA SmartWay voluntary emissions reduction partnership.
YRC Worldwide and its operating companies strive for environmental excellence in delivering freight to customers as efficiently as possible while preserving Earth's natural resources.
The inaugural Destination Green awards recognize only a few of the 30,000 plus employees of the YRC, Holland, Reddaway, New Penn and Glen Moore companies who dedicate their professional careers to service, safety, security and sustainability. Subsequent Destination Green Environmental Excellence Awards will be based on nominations from YRC Worldwide employees. The nominating process will begin on Earth Day and the award winners will be announced on summer solstice in June of 2012.
More information on the YRC Worldwide Destination Green program can be found at http://www.yrcw.com/green.