Greenly launched The Climate App Store, what is said to be the world’s first app store focused on providing tools to measure and reduce users’ carbon footprints.
The Climate App Store is designed to cater to diverse industries to both measure and provide options for carbon management, tailored to users’ specific needs.
“When we launched Greenly four years ago, we were the first mobile application on Apple's App Store dedicated to calculating personal carbon footprints. We were already surprised back then that there was no climate category on the App Store or Google Play Store. We couldn't wait any longer as emissions continue to rise and climate change keeps getting worse. So, we launched our own marketplace,” says Alexis Normand, CEO of Greenly. “Anyone, any company should be able to access the most suitable carbon calculator for their activities, to understand the origin of their emissions in detail, and thus identify how to improve their impact. The most exciting part of this project is that Greenly is no longer alone. We already have a community of over 1,500 user companies and a growing network of developers who want to advance climate accounting. Building an app for the climate is a very concrete way to turn indignation against passivity into a tangible and operational action plan. We encourage everyone to join this wonderful project."
From PR Newswire:
- Users have access to a wide selection of carbon calculators, with options for both free and premium applications.
- The apps come equipped with intuitive data visualization and simulation tools that empower professionals to identify areas for improvement and make informed decisions on their path toward sustainability.
- Scope 2 App measures electricity consumption down to the hour, at the level of each building, and calculates real-time emissions by associating carbon intensity with consumption data obtained from the Electricity Map API.
- Cloud App integrates with cloud service provider APIs to track electricity consumption at the vCPU instance level, translating it into carbon emissions based on hourly electricity map data.
- Website Carbon Footprint App reduces emissions associated with online presence by calculating the carbon footprint of websites.
- Advertising Campaign Calculator models the carbon footprint of online advertisements based on factors such as ad weight, ad formats, distribution, and viewing devices.
- SFDR App enables investment companies to engage portfolio companies in collecting and consolidating emission-related information to become eligible for impact fund labels.
- Freight Calculator models emissions for all logistics transport based on factors such as tonnage, routes and transportation modes (e.g., semi-trailers, air transport).
- Event App allows businesses to track CO2 emissions associated with organizing events, considering transportation, meals, activities, accommodation, and digital components.
- Menu Carbon Footprint App models the carbon impact of menus by adjusting ingredients to create a decarbonization pathway.
- Product Life Cycle Analysis Apps help businesses to build specific models for calculating the carbon footprint of products they bring to the market.
- A Textile Calculator evaluates the environmental impact of clothing based on material type, production locations, transportation methods, and distribution.
- A Charging Station Calculator calculates emissions generated by this new type of urban mobility to support manufacturers in decarbonizing transportation.
- Construction Site Lifecycle App models the impact of buildings throughout their lifespan, typically used to assess the environmental impact of buildings over time.