Washington: Representatives from the US livestock and poultry industries joined with US Representatives Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.), Jim Costa (D-Calif.) during a news conference, Oct. 5, 2011, to introduce legislation to make commonsense changes to Renewable Fuels Standard. The National Cattlemen's Beef Association (NCBA); the National Chicken Council (NCC), the National Poultry Producers Council (NPPC); and the National Turkey Federation (NTF) will join the members of Congress at the press event.
What: Livestock and Poultry Industries Participate in Press Conference with Members of Congress to Introduce Legislation to Amend the Renewable Fuels Standard
When: Oct. 5, 2011, at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time
Where: 1300 Longworth House Office Building. Also, watch at www.beltwaybeef.com.
- US Representative Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) – Moderator
- US Representative Jim Costa (D-Calif.)
- Kevin Kester, California Cattlemen's Association President and NCBA Member, Parkfield, CA.
- Hobey Bauhan, Virginia Poultry Federation, NCC and NTF representative, Harrisonburg, VA.
- RC Hunt, NPPC president-elect and a producer, Wilson, NC.