Melville, NY : Food Logistics, the only publication exclusively dedicated to covering the movement of product through the food supply chain, this week announced the fifth-annual listing of the Top 85 3PLs in its July/August 2010 issue.
In 2006, Food Logistics announced its first “50” list of third-party logistics providers that were helping food companies optimize their warehousing and transportation operations. Last year, the magazine expanded the list to 70 companies. This year, the magazine added 15 new 3PLs to the list, for a total of 85 companies. These 3PLs offer a broad scope of services and capabilities that enable food companies to reduce costs, increase flexibility and improve service levels.
“Food distribution is a very complex business and 3PLs play a crucial role in the supply chain,” explains Katherine Doherty, editor-in-chief of Food Logistics magazine.
“While most 3PLs have felt the effects of the economic downturn, the Top 85 continue to respond to their customers’ needs and rise to the logistical challenges that today’s food organizations face.
“Our annual list has grown to 85 companies, reflecting the changing and diverse needs of our readers,” says Doherty. “We’ve expanded this list to help our readers find and evaluate 3PL partners that can help them achieve their goals.”
After receiving nomination forms from end users and solution providers, the editorial staff culled through the submissions to compile this year’s Top 85 3PLs listing. Final recipients are featured in the cover story of the July/August issue of Food Logistics, as well as online at www.foodlogistics.com.
The Top 85 3PLs is not a ranking. The alphabetical list has been designed to help FL readers find the third-party logistics providers to the food industry.
1. Alliance Shippers
2. AmeriCold Realty
3. A.N. Deringer Inc.
4. Allen Lund Co.
5. Armada Supply Chain Solutions
6. ArrowStream Inc.
7. Aspen Logistics Inc.
8. Atlanta Bonded Warehouse Corp.
9. Burris Logistics
10. C.H. Robinson Worldwide Inc.
11. Cardinal Logistics Management Corp.
13. Columbian Logistics Network
14. Cryo-Trans Inc.
15. DSC Logistics
16. Echo Global Logistics Inc.
17. England Logistics Inc.
18. Exel/DHL Supply Chain
19. FAC Logistics
20. FFE Transportation Services Inc.
21. FST Logistics Inc.
22. GENCO Supply Chain Solutions
23. Greatwide Logistics Services
24.H&M Bay Inc.
25. Hanover Logistics
26. Hanson Logistics
28. Jacobson Cos.
29. Jameson Logistics
30. Jarrett Logistics Systems Inc.
31. J.B. Hunt Transport Services Inc.
32. JTS (Johanson Transportation Service)
33. Kane Is Able Inc.
34. Kelron Logistics
35. Kenco Logistics Services
36. Keystone Logistics Inc.
37. Landstar System Inc.
38. LeanLogistics Inc.
39. Lindner Logistics
40. Matson Integrated Logistics Inc.
41. Menlo Worldwide Logistics
42. Merchandise Warehouse Co. Inc.
43. Midwest Refrigerated Services
44. Mullica Hill Cold Storage Inc.
45. Murphy Warehouse Co.
46. Network Global Logistics
47. Next Generation Logistics Inc.
48. ODW Logistics
50. Paradigm Logistics
52. Penske Logistics
53. Port Jersey Logistics
54. Prime Distribution Services Inc.
56. RLS Logistics
57. RMX Global Logistics
58. RTL Services Inc.
60. Ryder Supply Chain Solutions
61. Saddle Creek Corp.
62. Sataria 3PL
63. Schneider National
64. SEKO Worldwide
65. Sherway Group
66. Shippers Warehouse Co. Inc.
67. SnoTemp Cold Storage
68. Stanford Refrigerated Warehouses Inc.
69. Strive Logistics LLC
70. Sunteck Transport Group
71. Total Logistic Control
72. Total Quality Logistics
73. Transervice Logistics Inc.
75. United Facilities Inc.
76. United States Cold Storage Inc.
77. United Warehouse Co.
79. VersaCold Logistics Services
80. Wagner Industries Inc.
81. Weber Distribution LLC
82. Werner Logistics
83. Wheels Clipper
84. WOW Logistics
85. WSI (Warehouse Specialists Inc.)