1. How do I submit a nomination?
Go to https://foodl.me/zvfohn and complete the electronic nomination form. Applications emailed to Food Logistics’ and Supply & Demand Chain Executive’s staff, submitted through social media channels and/or sent directly to the judges will not be eligible.
2. How long should my responses be?
There is no word count or character limit to the responses. In fact, the more information, the better.
3. Is there a limit to the number of nominations I can submit?
Please limit one submission per company. Multiple submissions does not guarantee a win.
4. If my company won this award in previous years, are we still eligible to submit a nomination this year?
Yes, we love repeat winners. As long as it’s a different solution/technology from previous years.
5. If my company won other awards presented by Food Logistics and/or Supply & Demand Chain Executive (ie., Women in Supply Chain, Pros to Know), are we still eligible to submit a nomination this year?
Yes, we love all of our winners from all of our awards. All of our awards are different and designed to highlight different kinds of achievements.
6. I submitted a nomination. What’s next?
Thank you for submitting your nomination. Now we wait until submissions close before we can begin the vetting process. Please allow up to 2 weeks after an award closes to be notified if your company is named a winner.
7. How will I know if my company won?
After submissions close, Food Logistics’ and Supply & Demand Chain Executive’s editorial staff will need up to 2 weeks to vet the nominations. Once winners have been selected, they will receive an email with additional instructions, embargo information, etc.
8. Can I make changes to the nomination after I hit submit?
No, unfortunately you cannot make edits or changes to the nomination after it’s been submitted electronically.
9. Do I need to submit logos, headshots or anything at time of submission?
There will be places throughout the submission process asking for company logo, jpg of the new solution/technology and the option to upload a press release, however none of them are mandatory to complete the submission.
10. What is the entry fee?
Applications are free; there is no charge/fee to apply.
11. How is my submission judged?
Vetting of the submissions is based on the ability to outline in detail the specifics of the startup and its new solution/technology in the nomination form, including details about its benefits to the supply chain industry, its innovative advantage over the competition, any ESG functionality, etc. Those submissions lacking specifics may not be considered. Case in point: The more information, the better. Feel free to include details from press releases or your own website.
Winners ARE NOT determined based on relationship with Food Logistics and Supply & Demand Chain Executive. Winners ARE ALSO NOT determined based on their advertising status with Food Logistics and Supply & Demand Chain Executive. Nominee names and company names are hidden in the vetting process; Food Logistics and Supply & Demand Chain Executive's editorial staff vet based on the submission itself, which is why telling a story and providing clear examples is imperative to determining winners vs. non-winners.
12. Who is vetting the submissions?
Honorees are vetted by Food Logistics’ and Supply & Demand Chain Executive’s editorial staff.
13. I want to submit a nomination, but the submission date is closed. Can I still submit a nomination?
No, Food Logistics and Supply & Demand Chain Executive does not accept any past due submissions. Once the deadline has passed, nominations are closed. Note: all awards are open for 6 weeks.
14. Is there a ratio of how submissions vs. winners?
No. We do not put a minimum or maximum figure on the number of winners.
15. What do the winners receive?