Recognizing that OSHA requires operators of powered industrial trucks to be fully trained and employer certified, Toyota's dealer network is offering free classroom training, practical hands-on training and evaluation for military veterans to boost their employment chances. Classes are Friday March 23, 2012 at 8:00 AM or 1:00 PM at Toyotalift of Minnesota.
Toyota Material Handling North America is offering this class to help get veterans through the certification process, as many employers require this certification prior to hire.
Classes cover counterbalanced sit down rider equipment or forklift classes I, IV and V.
The 5-Hour Class includes:
• Introduction to safe lift truck operation: (includes review of Operator, and Pedestrian videos)
• Familiarization with the Lift truck: (cost, weight/mass, instruments and controls)
• Operator maintenance responsibilities (inspections, equipment checks)
• Starting and driving practice: (practical application of skills in your environment)
• Material handling practice: (using loads your drivers are familiar with)
• Review and test: (repeat showing of the videos, give furnished quiz orally and written).
After successful completion, vets will leave with their certification wallet card, signed by the trainer and Toyota Lift of Minnesota.
For more information, contact Kyle Thill, Toyota-Lift of Minnesota, at email@example.com or call 763-315-9257.