Finally, it was also important that the facility be properly illuminated. The Las Vegas DC features durable FT Ultra LED dock lights with flexible arms that allow the 15-watt LED lamp to be positioned where needed for proper visibility and loading safety. With its long lasting 50,000-hour bulb, the light meets USDA requirements for food handling facilities.
Keeping workers safe and secure is the number one job of any employer. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 4,609 fatal work injuries were recorded in the U.S. in 2011, a rate of 3.5 per 100,000 for full-time workers. The number and rate of fatal occupational injuries is led by the transportation and warehousing sector, which accounted for 733 incidents last year.
Getting a Big Bang for Your Safety Buck
Here’s a look at some very affordable equipment that goes a long way in boosting worker and warehouse safety:
• Magliner’s CoolLift Delivery System combines an easy maneuverability, high capacity hydraulic lift truck with integrated plastic “half” pallets for improved safety and efficiency.
• Rotocaster Wheel designs and manufactures multi-directional wheels that can be used in a number of applications, including hand trucks. The company’s Stair Climber hand truck offers 360 degree maneuverability for easy direct lateral and rotational handling ability in tight situations.
• Damotech’s Damo Pro helps to prevent and repair damaged rack columns with a quick 45 minute installation. Its front post is comprised of structural steel making it extremely resistant to future incidents. The Damo Pro comes with a lifetime warranty against impact, is designed to fit on any type of racking system and can accommodate multiple levels of beams.
• Crossing Guard creates an attentive environment to help prevent forklift collisions in the warehouse, even if a person is standing still the Crossing Guard will detect that individual. The sensors in Crossing Guard can detect the presence of two motions and create an audible and visual alarm for drivers and pedestrians.
• MacRak’s Max Guard is a 3/8” thick steel guard that averts lower frame damage on the rack. It is available in a V-nose shape and a round nose shape. The “MAX” column protector is the perfect solution to stopping lower frame damage caused by outriggers on straddle lift trucks.
• Lift ‘n Buddy is a two-wheeled lifting device capable of automatic lifting and lowering. This helps decrease worker injuries caused by repetitive bending and lifting while increasing workflow efficiency.